A Step By Step Guide to Arranging a Funeral
As professional funeral advisors and confidants, it is our role to make funeral arrangements a less daunting experience.
Whether we meet you in your own home, discuss matters over the phone or meet in one of our ten locations, it is our responsibility to lift the burden from your shoulders.
Browse our step-by-step guide to the left for more information.
Our experience and knowledge will help you make the most appropriate choices.
A step-by-step guide to arranging a funeral.
We outline below the various steps involved in arranging a funeral. You can arrange a funeral with us by calling to any one of our locations, by telephoning us or we will call to your home. For more detailed information, click on each step below or under each section detailed opposite under Funeral Arrangements.
Questions to consider when making funeral arrangements
- Do you want burial or cremation?
- Where do you want to hold the service - in a church, funeral home, crematorium or at home?
- Do you want to have a one or two day funeral? i.e. a removal on the day of the funeral or on the evening before
- Where will the deceased repose – at home, in a hospital/hospice mortuary or in a funeral home?
- When do you want to have the funeral?
- What clothes will the deceased wear when reposing?
- Will you need transport on the day of the funeral – i.e. a limousine for the family?
- Will you publish a death notice in a national newspaper, on local radio or RIP.ie? Who will be mentioned in this notice?
- Do you require music for the funeral service?
- Are you going to use Mass/service booklets?
- Do you want a photograph for placing on the coffin?
- Do you want to pass the house en-route to the church or cemetery?
- Will the family carry the coffin at the funeral?
- Do you need to arrange lunch for family and friends after the funeral?